Wednesday 8 May 2013

How Did You Use Media Technologies in the Construction and Research, Planning and Evaluation Stages

Research:
The vast majority of my research was done using the internet, using a variety of programs and tools including iTunes, this was the first place i looked for music to see if there are any songs i liked that would go with an action trailer. I used websites such as Youtube, which i used to watch and analyse real film trailers.
Blogger was also a website i used heavily during the research process, as there were many model blogs that i used to gain inspiration from.

Production 
For the production stage I used one main technology which was a Canon EOS 550D camera to film all the clips in my video and to take the photos for my film poster. I needed a good quality camera that would allow me to do different shots and would create a high quality film trailer. The camera shoots in full 1080p HD which allowed me to get very good quality film. The film I took could then be uploaded easily using the SD card inside and then imported straight to either Premier or After Effects

Construction
During this stage of the process I used different programs and equipment to create my products. The first thing I used was my computer which is a Packard Bell iXtreme, as it is my home computer i am familiar with it and it also means i have all my own elements that i have created or downloaded specifically for editing. plus it is equipped with Adobe Premier Pro CS6 and Adobe After Effects CS6 which are two programs i am familiar with and so would make it easier for me to create a professional product.

The next thing I used was Adobe Premier on the computer, I decided to use this because i am familiar with it and as it is my own version i have all my personal plug-ins and presets to improve workflow. As well as Premier i used Adobe After Effects for things like text, and effects such as colour grading a widescreen bars. Finally I used Photoshop to produce the poster, I used it because i am very familiar with the program and i know that it would be easy for me to create high quality results.

Evaluation
I didn't use much technology during the evaluation process other than Youtube, to view my video and share it with people and Prezi. I used Prezi to display the feedback i gained as it is a more interesting way to display than just writing it down. There are several customisable templates that make it quick and easy to create. It also gives you the option to embed it in your blog which proved incredibally helpful

No comments:

Post a Comment