Wednesday 8 May 2013

Editing of Trailer

The majority of the editing was done in Adobe Premier Pro CS6. I used this program to import all my footage then cut it all and place it together, i chose Premier over Final Cut because i find it easier to use and i have more previous experience with it, also it's optimised for editing between itself and Adobe After Effects. The editing process took up the majority of the time, and the majority of it was deciding what clip should go where.

The first step i took was to import all my footage into Premier and from there i started cutting clips and placing them on the timeline, at first a left gaps for elements that would be added later such as the text. After i had placed all the clips in roughly the right order and synced them with the music moved to After Effects to start on the motion graphics.
In After Effects i created the text using the same effects as in photoshop for the poster: Gradient (dark to light grey) and inner shadow. I then used a plug-in called Optical Flares from Videocopilot, this allowed me to add and manipulate a lens flare onto my project, i also changed the setting so that when the light shines across the screen, it give the effect the screen is dirty.

I also used After Effect to colour grade my trailer after i had finished putting it together, and i aslo added widescreen bars in order to give it a more cinematic feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment